Saturday, December 9, 2006

Ukraine Village Life Making Vodka

How To Make Ukraine Vodka @ Home Ukraine Village Life Baba Making Vodka . In Ukraine Village Vodka is Currency it is traded for work frequently. My Cousin passed away recently at 84 the 6 men that dug hole in Cemetery for grave I paid them with 4 bottles of Vodka. I can
hire a man with scythe to cut a field for a bottle of Vodka.
In Ukraine a bottle of good vodka is about $1.60-$2.40 that
half litter will get three men feeling good. Doma (Home)
Vodka one half liter can get 6 guys feeling good. It can be
very high Alcohol content up near 96% 192 proof it is all in
the distilling process Baba has used her coal stove all her
life & regulate perfectly. 2 shots of this stuff will make
you want to sit down or hang onto something if you did not
have full meal. I am non drinker in USA before first coming to
Ukraine when I was 12 or 13 had a swig of Jack Daniels. My
first Visit with Relatives in Bystiv in 1999. I had my first
shot of Ukraine Doma Vodka it burned all the way down & could
not speak for a minute. It much higher octane then anything
you can buy in USA. Since then I have spent much time in
Ukraine. They always have food to eat on table when they drink
at very least Bread & kielbasa. Over the years I have drank
gallons of Vodka in Ukraine. Never in USA. All you teen &
high school kids that a watching this please do not make
Ukraine Vodka at home. Is so simple 20 liters of water 100-105
Degrees to start. 10 lbs of sugar & a about cup of yeast.
Ukraine yeast is a wet cake yeast. It Old world you can not
buy in USA. You can use regular granule yeast I use this to
make Kvas it an Ancient Ukraine Drink. The recipe called for
? KG of cake yeast. Seal the top put in warm place
like over furnace duct. Baba set above here coal stove. You
let it ferment for 10 days then run it thru your Still. 172
Degrees Alcohol Boils. The hardware is as shown you can use a
old pressure cooker & vent pipe into copper coil. Baba uses a
pot with clamps the made a Gasket form bread dough pretty
impressive old world ways. Again this is purely educational
you are responsible for your own actions.

No comments: