Saturday, December 9, 2006

Medical Prescription Drug Cost Ukraine & Dental Work

Will tell you in USA no one can afford to go to Doctor. In Ukraine Doctors Make along the lines of Citizens. The two Doctors I spent time with one made $46 a Month the other $86 as Surgeon. On the Salary Scale Doctors make Similar to People they treat. There seems to be many Woman Doctors since there is not the financial incentive as USA. My Sister in USA is Family Practice Doctor & makes $10,000 a month (she even complains about that wage.) in Rural Community. It all about the Money that what drives American Doctors today if the $$ where not there bet 2/3 would not be into medicine There is a Drug I use for Acid reflux called Prevacid in Ukraine they Manufacture the same Drug Called by it Clinical name Lanza. In USA at Costco month supply of 30 Capsules is about $130 In Ukraine same Drug cost me $6.20 for month supply.

Even Western Drugs are such as Flonase made by Glaxosmith in England. In America it is $95 a Bottle in Ukraine same Drug Made in England Same Packaging with Russian label is $15.It is the same Exact Drug both made in England by Glaxosmith. This last trip I found another drug Bekonase an inhaled steroid similar to Flonase made in spain cost me $4 a bottle not $95 of Course the Health Insurance in USA will not cover the only Drugs that will work for me. For my $284 a Month I don't get much at all, I recently raised deductible to lower rate since I am not in US as much now. For what I spend on those bills alone I could live well in rural Ukraine Village. I am spending a lot of $ now when I am in Ukraine Renovating house but after I am finished I will not spend too much too live. & when I am sick will just go to Doctor & pay cash for that & pills.

Dentist in Ukraine a Crown is about if $50 in Mostiska try between $1,500-$2500 USA. Root Canal is $10 in USA I paid $350-$700. The Material & quality is excellent Equal to any work I have done in USA. Having Baby in USA is about $10K in Ukraine Friend Baby cost him around $60 that include Ambulance Medicines…… I Discovered Short Term Major Medical Insurance, so when I visit the USA I can purchase it for my stay on monthly basis. I will be dropping my medical Insurance in USA. When I visit will just order Health Insurance online when I book Airline Ticket.

I figure on paying for any medical needs out of pocket but learned from friend of mine that officially registered he pays for 1 year Medical insurance in Ukraine is 200UAH that is $40 American. He still needs to buy some drugs when he is ill but that is nothing compared to USA. Hospital system much different in Ukraine your relatives will bring you food stuffs while in Hospital also will purches your drugs at Hospital pharmacy then give them to your Doctor. Hospital are old but have new machines like X-ray equipment……..the dentist are the same all the equipment is new state of the art

No comments: